Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Cartagena, Colombia

I promised myself that I wasn’t going to get up early (5:30 am) for the sail into Cartagena but…  the inability to get a good night’s sleep coupled with smelling the morning fires burning in Colombia forced me to get out of bed and snap some photos….  There definitely was a lot of smoke in the air which affected the photos greatly, at least early on.  Loved seeing the red skies this morning, just lovely.  Anyway, the sail in was lovely, even got a lot of reflection shots despite the less than optimal lighting.  After sail in, Ian and I relaxed all day in the Retreat until it was time to depart, then I sprang back into action to catch some shots as we sailed out of the Cartagena harbor and made our way towards Panama….  The scenery was great, really enjoyed the views….  It does seem a bit hard to believe that someone can take over 400 photos while never leaving the ship…  this is a very scenic place!  Then it was back into the Retreat to finish off the afternoon….  This evening, Ian & I are dining at Rudi’s Sel de Mer, a great dining venue….  Looking forward to a wonderful evening….




























































No comments:

Post a Comment