Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2020 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage, Georgetown, Grand Cayman


Today marked our first stop on our 2020 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage, Georgetown Grand Cayman….  It was a beautiful day!  A lot of ships visiting Grand Cayman (5) and an estimated 14,000 guests….  Busy day in Cayman!  Cathy and I went ashore first thing and decided to walk to 7 Mile beach.  It was a nice walk but I was a bit surprised on how much beach erosion has occurred here.  Before I retired, I would come here every Easter vacation and the beaches were much, much better…  We had planned on taking a helicopter tour of the island but…. the helicopter needed some significant maintenance so, no flying today….  Bummer.  Once we wrapped up out time ashore, I headed back to the ship poolside….  Great day!!!!




































































No comments:

Post a Comment