Friday, October 27, 2017

Loving the ms Koningsdam.... (Part 1 of 2)

Today, I thought I would talk a little bit about the ms Koningsdam….  People who know me are probably surprised that I have gone on and on about how much I love this ship.  I am the most surprised of all….  I remember years ago when the World Voyage guests were given and introduction to the new class of ship and it’s first of its kind, the ms Koningsdam…  I was dismayed by the poor manners shown that day when a large number of guests booed as the ship was introduced.  As dismayed as I may have been, my private thoughts were that I would never sail on the ms Koningsdam because it is way too big for my taste… I could not have been more wrong!  This ship is magnificent in so many ways….  The service, food and entertainment is just fabulous!  My cabin stewards, Noor & Aji are two of the best that I have ever had.  My waiters Kadek & Eka, are just amazing.  Our assistant Matre’D, Daniel, is the consummate professional and there to meet any special needs.  Our Wine Steward Joseph again is just fabulous.   Everywhere we go, we are surrounded my exceptional crew.  In the Retreat where we spend most of our days, Jeffery, Socrates and Michael are there continuously spoiling us with pampered treatment. As far as nightlife, there are so many venues for entertainment that everyone can find something that meets their individual tastes.  The Front Office staff are always there to assist in any way they can, always with a smile…. So nice to see familiar faces there, Joyce & Abigale from previous World Voyages.  I just love the specialty restaurants, the Tamarind being my personal favorite.  We even had a President’s Club dinner there which was fantastic.  You can see me pictured there with Captain Bowland, wonderful guy….  A good Canadian! So, it is a big ship, but without the feel of a big ship.  I find it very comfortable, never feeling crowded!  I must say, starting the day on this ship is a wonderful experience….  Best shower I have ever experienced on any ship or in any hotel, none better!!!!  So, why do I love this ship?  I guess because it just feels right, so comfortable….  I feel like I’m at home here.  Don’t get me wrong, I still love the ms Amsterdam and that is the ship for World Voyages… for other, shorter voyages, this would be my ship of choice.  Just loving it!  Life is good….  Here I have presented 104 photos of the ship, fairly random and some of those amazing people I just talked about.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Jeff. We have the same concerns and have always leaned toward smaller ships. Even though we've only met briefly, if you're good with the Koningsdam, it'll probably work for us too. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to admit, looks great this Koningsdam, enjoy your cruise , see you soon, Hermann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear about the ship and your enjoyment of it Jeff. It seems with the huge ships coming out other cruise lines are forgetting the things that mean a lot - a great crew and service with attention to all your needs and details taken care of. I'm proud to have been a part of HAL for so many years and appreciate their continued excellent experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had only heard bad about the ship and was pleasantly surprised to have such a great time on it in June exploring Norway. Entertainment venues are big enough for all who want to attend and everything you said about the friendliness of everyone on the ship. Great experience.

    ReplyDelete