Sunday, October 22, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 5, Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe

So, the Koningsdam continues to deliver a fabulous cruising experience….  Last night, Brad, Gloria & I ate in the Tamarind Restaurant and the dinner was just amazing.  It was up early this morning for me as we sailed into Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe.   It was a pretty sail in, lots of photos….  I took the same approach this morning as I did yesterday, went out, walked for 5 miles definitely taking the road less traveled.  This city is definitely showing its wear….  I had a nice experience at the Marche….  I met a very nice woman, Nahomie, who I told I was going to post her photo so people all over the world would see her…..  I even labeled her photo…..  Enjoy Nahomie!!!  As I mentioned, I walked a lot of off the beaten path streets and alleyways, getting a good feel for everyday life in Guadeloupe.  Once my trek was complete, it was off to the Retreat for a spectacular day of sunshine.  Tomorrow, Barbados!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff. So happy to see that the journey is going well and the ship is meeting expectations. Glad to see there's a quiet spot for the Tan Man!
    BVH-Groton, Ct Thanks for all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following for a couple of years, along with a lot of other cruise blogs. I love your photos and narrative - you are one of the only ones who "walked a lot of off the beaten path streets and alleyways, getting a good feel for everyday life" - which is what we love to do when we travel.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete