Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 7, Fort-De-France, Martinique (Part 1 of 2)

We had a lovely sail into the port of Fort-de-France this morning…..  I was first off to go exploring, in a place I have been to many times.  I wandered about the city and decided to hike up to the top of the mountain for some good views of the city.  The hike felt great, despite having to endure the occasional shower.  Wonderful views from up on high.  The Cathedral and Koningsdam pretty much dominate the landscape.  I not particularly fond on Martinique…. I find the people, generally speaking, to be less than friendly.  There certainly are exceptions but…..  if you don’t speak French, don’t expect a lot of warmth.  Great hike!  After going about 8 miles I rejoined the  ship and headed for the Retreat…  Got a smidgeon of sun but the showers kept coming….  Still was a great day.  Last night we had a wonderful dinner, we were joined by the Faynes and Susan’s sister Sally.  Tonight, I have a President’s Club dinner to attend.  Remarkably, there are 11 members onboard, that is a huge number….  Don’t know many of them but, that’s ok.  Still loving the Koningsdam!  This is a two part blog, this is part 1 of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment