Monday, October 23, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 6, Bridgetown, Barbados

Today was an early morning visit to Bridgetown, Barbados…..  Great place to go for a day at the beach but today…..  Not so much!  I went out and walked to town and onward to the beach area of the Boatyard.  While there, the skies opened up with a deluge.  Of well, it didn’t dampen my day.  I took refuge in a waterfront cafĂ©, had a snack, diet coke and some free Wi-Fi while I waited for the storm to blow over.  Once I found a break, I headed back to the ship.  As I started to walk back to the Koningsdam, I stopped and talked to some passengers coming off the Viking Sea.  I asked them who the Cruise Director was and what a great surprise to find out it was my old friend Gene Young,  I went to the Viking Sea, asked security to call Gene and we were able to visit for a while.  Just made my day!  I sure miss not having him at Holland America Line, our loss is a huge gain for Viking Cruises…..  Once back to the ship, it was time for the Retreat and capture some of the sunshine that was coming through….  Another wonderful day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice that you could catch up with Gene. Is Jody with him?

    ReplyDelete