Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Today was a difficult day….  First of all, my 3 friends debarked the vessel leaving me all alone once again.  The Scott sisters will be back in 11 days and remain until the end of July.  But my dear friend Ian, who I just spent 73 fabulous days with is gone with no return in sight.  I thank him for coming and enriching all our lives.  I loved the hours we spent together, laughing, reminiscing, crying and sharing stories about his wife Carole…..  She certainly was one of a kind and will be deeply missed by all who were fortunate enough to meet her.  Hopefully, the 73 days here on the Zuiderdam with his Zuiderdam family has given him some understanding that he can still find a smile and a laugh even during difficult times.  I hope it has helped with his healing…..  I also hope to be sailing with him again in the not too distant future….  His Zuiderdam family misses him already….



























1 comment: