Thursday, January 10, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Willemstad, Curacao

Curacao!!!!  I always love coming here, aside from being a lovely island, I get a chance to visit with Aart & Ellen.  I left the ship early, trying to get in a walk and se how I would do with my new-found maladies…  It went pretty well but I decided to take it a little easy and get a pickup with Ian at the port.  Aart picked us up at 10:00 and we headed over to their place.  Aart is doing very well.  Every time I see him, I see improvement…  Aart & Ellen loved seeing Ian again.  We spent the day enjoying each other’s company, having some discussions, some laughs and just enjoying friends being friends….  Aart took us to lunch at the Scuba Lodge Restaurant, a nice little place on the beach….  Lunch was great and I was stuffed….  More about that later!  We went back to Aart & Ellen’s place where I wrapped up my computer updates and we headed back to the ship…  On the way back, Ian and I were discussing the fact that we didn’t feel like dinner because we were full and he said “Why don’t we go to the Pinnacle Grill and just have dessert, Fresh Berries with Sabayon sauce (to die for…).  I took him seriously and that is what we did, went to the Pinnacle. The fine dining venue for just dessert!  It was great….  We finished off the evening with a stellar performance by Island Magic….  They are magnificent!!!


























































2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Thanks for the beautiful photos and commentary. I've been to the island, but never really saw the place because I spent too much time snorkeling.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeff....
    Hope your knee issue passes.
    In the various ports, can you visit a pharmacy and see about a topical ibuprofen cream, or inquire if CBD hemp oil (topical) is available (legal)? CBD products are quickly becoming popular in the states?
    Advise what you find about the CBD.
    Thanks
    T&C

    ReplyDelete