Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 8 Grand Canyon, Arizona...

We left Sedona early this morning heading for the Grand Canyon.  The skies were threatening as we drove north.  Fortunately, by the time we arrived at the Canyon most of the thunderstorm had passed.  That was the good news...  the bad news is that they have some type of fire here and the air was quite smokey at times.  It really affected the ability to do quality photos but on the bright side, one of the Rangers told us that yesterday was so bad it filled the canyon.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I wasn't really happy with the photos but, had a great time.  I got a little close to the edge a number of times... life in the fast lane or stupidity on the rocks.  We pretty much covered all the scenic overlooks today across the park which resulted in over 800 photos, my finger should be sore.  Anyway, the photos weren't what I wanted but, tomorrow is another day....

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures. I remember the first time I saw the Grand Canyon I was amazed at the beauty. All these years later I still am. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete