Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 10 Grand Canyon, North Rim

What a day!  It started with me setting the alarm wrong and we got up at 3:00 am...  Oh well, we left anyway.  Nothing like an early start.  I have to say that our days at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon were marvelous but... today was magnificent!  There is so much more to see on the South Rim but the views here are something to behold. I was very please with the 3 photos where I captured lightening from our Lodge...  What fun!  Also, the drive into the North Rim was pretty magnificent, such red rock formations...  What color!  Tomorrow we leave here early in the morning and head for Page Arizona.  We will go out on Lake Powell and check out Rainbow Bridge.  Looking for another breathtaking day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Am enjoying your wonderful photos especially those of the wildlife. We did a flight from Vegas that took us to the North Rim back in 2009. My photos are certainly nothing like yours. Am looking forward to your posts of each day of your travels.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture on the lightning!! May I just mention that there is a book about deaths in GC and several of them have to do with people standing on edges of precipices!! Glad you survived!!
    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually hold on to the handrails in life but I must say you sure got awfully close to the edge there. Loved the pictures of the lightning. The canyon went on forever and ever today, I think I saw Catalina in the distance.
    Thanks again for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete