Today was a very special day, we were visiting Sydney, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia... I was getting together with two wonderful friends, Laura and her sister Bobbi. I went out early to take photos on the forward deck and thought I was going to freeze to death. The winds were fierce, probably gale force and with the cool temps, it was cold. As usual, it’s a lovely sail into Sydney. Sydney, Nova Scotia, is a charming coastal city on Cape Breton Island, known for its beautiful harbor and rich maritime heritage. The waterfront offers scenic views, historic landmarks, and a welcoming atmosphere for visitors. Of particular note is the giant fiddle on the pier. Sydney is also a gateway to exploring the natural beauty and cultural traditions of Cape Breton. Today, Laura, Bobbi and I were heading to Baddeck, one of the places I like to visit. Baddeck is a picturesque village on the shores of Bras d’Or Lake, surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of Cape Breton Island. It is closely associated with Alexander Graham Bell, whose former summer home is now the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site. With its peaceful waterfront, colorful scenery, and small-town charm, Baddeck is a delightful place to explore… While in Baddeck, we had a nice lunch before heading back to Sydney. On the way, we took the opportunity to stop at a place we had previously visited for a delicious dessert… Now, I’m back on the ship, still loving all the wonderful moments I’ve had since returning to sea… Loving every day onboard the ms Volendam.
No comments:
Post a Comment