Friday, September 25, 2026

Volendam 2026, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada...

Cruising into Quebec City in the fall is always such a special experience for me, surrounded by the breathtaking colors of the season along the St. Lawrence River. It had to be special for me to come out on the forward decks at 0630 to take photos for sailing into Quebec City… As we sailed closer to the city, the brilliant reds, oranges, and golds of the autumn foliage made the scenery feel almost magical. It was one of those peaceful, beautiful moments on the cruise that I will remember for a long time. Quebec City is the capital of the province of Quebec and is famous for its rich history and French-Canadian culture. The city is home to the iconic Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, which overlooks the St. Lawrence River and defines its historic skyline. Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage site, features charming cobblestone streets, fortified walls, and European-style architecture that transport visitors back in time. Quebec City is renowned for its distinct blend of architectural styles, largely shaped by its French colonial roots and subsequent British influence. As a walled city, Quebec City features unique military architecture, including the Citadelle of Quebec and the remaining defensive walls, which showcase massive stone masonry and bastions designed for defense in the 18th and 19th. I went out early to have a walkabout in the city. I meandered my way through the city stopping off at the Notre-Dame de Quebec Basilica-Cathedral. A beautiful church, always on my list. Then I continued meandering, making my way up to Le Château Frontenac. Then, I hiked up to the Citadelle of Quebec. I was just snapping photos all along the way. From the Citadelle, I continued to meander through the old town, catching some views of the Parliament Building. Eventually, I walked back to the ship, getting in about 9 miles walking along the way. It wasn’t too bad being surrounded by so much beauty. Now we are heading to Montreal where the Scott sisters will join the ship… It will be great getting the Three Amigos back together again.





































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment