Today was a fabulous day! I was informed this morning that Seattle called (Holland America Line HQ) and I achieved 4000 days sailing with them… Time flies! Hard to get my head around that number. I guess I’m a pretty loyal guest! Anyway, I digress… Today, we visited our first port, Eastport Maine. It’s quite a charming town, filled with coastal beauty and small-town charm. I left the ship around 7:00 am and had a lovely stroll along the waterfront, enjoying the views of Passamaquoddy Bay. Then, I came back toward the ship stroloing through the lovely town. The colorful historic buildings, local shops and very friendly atmosphere make Eastport very warm and welcoming. It was a very memorable visit to one of Maine’s more picturesque communities. After returning to the ship, I had a lovely lunch of Asian pork dumplings. We departed early today, around 2:00pm. I went out on the forward deck to take photos of this incredibly scenic area topped off m]by the East Quoddy Head Lighthouse… What a day! Tonight, I will be recognized at the captain’s welcome toast followed by a small celebratory dinner. Great to be out and about again!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment