After months of cancer treatments, it felt incredibly special to finally board the ms Volendam in Boston and begin this journey. Stepping aboard brought a wonderful sense of freedom, joy, and relief after such a challenging time. Words just cannot describe the euphoria… It was a beautiful feeling to leave the treatments behind look forward to the adventures and memories ahead. It was nice to see one of my favorite ships docked in front of us, the ms Zuiderdam. I took an 8 ½ month voyage on her back in 2018-19, one of the best!!! I spent the day unpacking, visiting with friends and eating some delicious food… Once I was unpacked, we were ready to leave Boston and begin this voyage so I went to the forward decks to take photos… great to back doing the things Mr. Jeff does while sailing around the world. After dinner, I went to the Mariner’s Cocktail Reception. I saw a lot of old friends from the staff and met the captain. I sat with my longtime friends Mike & Pauline Hall. Of course, the highlight was visiting with my friend Florin Dragomir the Hotel General Manager. It was just a spectacular day!!!
Jeff, I am a silent follower of your journeys and always appreciate your tales. I’m also a cancer survivor and understand your feelings of relief getting back to your familiar home on board ship. Sending a prayer and a hope for an excellent, healthy voyage for you. Time to exhale.
ReplyDelete