Monday, October 9, 2023

Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage, George Town, Grand Cayman...

We arrived at our anchorage at our scheduled time on 8:00 am this morning…  This island is where my original plan was to spend my winters when I retired until life threw me a curveball. Grand Cayman is the largest of the three islands that make up the Cayman Islands. Grand Cayman was my old stomping grounds before Hurricane Ivan decimated the island in 2004, when I retired, resulting in the start of my cruising journeys. George Town is the largest city and capital of the Cayman Islands. The big draw for me back when I use to come here and vacation, was the beaches.  Grand Cayman's Seven Mile beach is one of the finest beaches in the world…   Cathy and I got the first tender to shore to spend some time in George Town. We tendered into the North terminal and walk along the beach and back on the shop side. Today it was hotter than hades…very hot with a heat index of 100 degrees and we stopped in some shops to cool off. We were the only ship in town, which is unusual, so that made it pleasant not to contend with crowds like in the height of the cruise ship season. My day in Grand Cayman was made complete with some Tortuga Rum cake…my favorite! We made our way back to the ship and spent the rest of day at the Lido Pool aft deck…the dip in the pool was very refreshing. After lunch we had a couple of a rain delays with heavy downpours and thunderstorms, so we decided to call it a day…  This evening we are invited to a cocktail party which should be very nice, hope they have a cold Diet Coke!






























































1 comment:

  1. See that you found the big black Dick! LOL! I'll probably be censored.

    ReplyDelete