Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 80 At Sea

The weather changed a bit for today, windy conditions with some overcast and rough seas.  The sun came out fairly early and, aside  from the wind, it was a lovely day.  It was a good day to sit and read.  We have a total of 3 sea days on our way to Durban, South Africa.  I will be leaving the ship for a few days to go on safari. I will be flying to Port Elizabeth and traveling to Amakhala Game Reserve.  We will be staying at Hilsnek Lodge, a new place for me.  I have been to Amakhala on 2 other occasions but stayed at the Safari Lodge.  I am really looking forward to going on safari….  Just love that!  I will rejoining the ship in Cape Town.  It’s a shame that I will miss the visit by the CEO of Holland America, Stein Kruse and his wife Linda along with a very special guest Archbishop Desmond Tutu…..  Oh well, can’t have everything!  Hope after we pass Madagascar that the weather will improve for tomorrow…..

No comments:

Post a Comment