Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 79 Le Port, Réunion

This morning we sailed into Le Port, Réunion under pretty overcast conditions….  We hooked a taxi for a tour of some of the dramatic scenery that this small but beautiful island has to offer. I was touring today with my usual cast of characters, Ian, Carole, Cathy & Ann and our driver was Alex…. We headed out to Salazie, the gateway to Cirque de Salazie and the spectacular mountains, gorges, waterfalls and cliffs. I was here in 2010 with my friends Aart & Yvonne and was really struck by the beauty of this island.  We made our way to the village of Hell-Bourg, making numerous stops for a host of waterfalls and some pretty amazing scenery…  We stopped in Hell-Bourg for a while, doing a bit of shopping before heading back.  . We made our way back toward Le Port via St-Denis where we stopped briefly for some photos.  It was a wonderful day for me and I believe my friends were blown away by the beauty of this tiny island…..

 

                                                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, your pictures are terrific and a beautiful representation of the World Cruise. How lucky are you to enjoy this journey. Thank you.

    Lynne Oakley, Punta Gorda, FL

    ReplyDelete