Sunday, November 18, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Willemstad, Curacao






































































What an amazing day today….  Aside from being in a tropical paradise with absolutely perfect weather, today was the day, at long last, when I was reunited with my great friends, Aart & Ellen.  The last time I saw them was about a year ago in Curacao, where they live….  Shortly after that visit, Aart was diagnosed with cancer and has been battling it ever since….  Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and he is on the mend.  Such a joyous day after a day of sadness with my friend Carole.  Today made my year, just an amazing visit!!!!   Other than that, I walked my little legs off, walking over 12 miles exploring Willemstad and snapping photos….  I really like the old Dutch architecture, even those buildings in complete disrepair….  Curacao is such a lovely place to visit, I always love coming here.  It will be nice to see more of Aart & Ellen since we come back here quite frequently….  They are joining me for dinner on the ship December 9th for dinner, we’ll see if we can fatten him up.  Great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looked like a perfect day on the island! Glad you had a nice visit with old friends as well!

    ReplyDelete