Thursday, November 22, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Puerto Limón, Costa Rica





























































Happy Thanksgiving!  My day didn’t have the best beginning….  We set the clocks back one-hour last night….  I updated the time on my iPhone and Fitbit but forgot the alarm clock….  you can guess how that turned out.  I was headed out for sail in photos at what I thought was 6:15 am but alas, it was 5:15 am.  I hate when that happens….  Anyway, took a bunch of photos sailing into Puerto Limón which was complicated by someone choosing to burn garbage along the shore, blanketing the city with smoke.  After docking, I went ashore and just started walking and taking photos….  I got off the beaten track and a good Samaritan advised me to vacate the area, it wasn’t safe….  Especially with a big camera on a harness.  Funny, that’s the second time that has happened to me in Puerto Limon….  No wonder it’s not my favorite spot.  If you’re not going out for some Ecotourism, like the Tortuguero Canals for wildlife viewing, it’s not going to be a very fulfilling day….  I did enjoy the day, got to go for a long walk, snapped some nice photos and enjoyed sitting in the sun.  One other thing….  I am so impressed with the Captain and his staff….  To see them lined up at the gangway greeting you as you head off for the day is quite amazing.  It really shows that the guests are important to them and they are willing to do that little bit extra to show it….  Well done!  Now it’s two days at sea as we make our way back to Ft. Lauderdale….

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, (belatedly). love your pictures as usual, stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, So glad your next adventure has begun and is off to a great start.
    Happy that the Zuiderdam is receiving high marks from you. We'll be joining the ship on 12/5 and I hope I've thawed out by then.
    My condolences on Carole's passing. Thankful Aart is doing well and you'll be sharing time together.
    I love all the ship pictures too. I always wonder what stories they could tell.
    BVH-Groton, Ct.

    ReplyDelete