Saturday, November 17, 2018

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Oranjestad, Aruba


































It has been an absolutely fabulous cruise so far…..  I’m really feeling comfortable on this ship…..  this was a good decision.  Today, we arrived into Oranjestad, Aruba at 1:00 and we leave at 11:00.  Just a lovely day, nice and sunny but with a 50 Knot wind.  It made for some interesting sunbathing.  Anyway, enjoyed the sun until we were close to arrival, then I grabbed the camera and I found myself snapping away….  I went ashore, did a long walk, taking photos and a bit of shopping.  I wasn’t planning anything big, just some exercise and photos…..  Today was also an very sad one for me, my very dear friend Carole Paterson passed away on the 12th and today was her Memorial Service, she and her family were in my thoughts all day….  She was a great lady and I will greatly miss her….

4 comments:

  1. Jeff, I'm so glad you are back at sea and for blogging. I have enjoyed following you for many years on several different blogspot addresses. One day when you decide not to Blog I will be lost. I so enjoy following you. As I have travel I find myself going back through your blog history to find things to do on my upcoming trip. Sorry, to hear about Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoying the vicarious thrill once again, Jeff! Thanks for all the effort you put into producing this blog! I'ts deeply appreciated by a lot of people! Would appreciate your periodic evaluation of the WiFi quality onboard as you move around the globe. You know oh so well how sensitive an issue onboard WiFi has become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for the loss of your close friend. I hope you and her family have very fond memories of your times together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers to her family and friends. Fran

    ReplyDelete