Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 9 Puno, Peru

 

I am going to keep it short today, suffering a bit from the altitude…  I flew from Lima To Juliaca today on my way to Puno and Lake Titicaca.  I was picked up at the airport by my guide, Sue, and we immediately began touring.  We first stopped at a village that was having a celebration of the founding of the market. The ladies were all dressed up in their traditional costumes…  Our highlight for the day was visiting the Sillustani archaeological complex. In Sillustani, a peninsula of the Umayo Lagoon, we visited one the world's largest necropolis, in which stood over 90 chullpas, giant and primitive stone mausoleums of over 30 feet high, designed with a top wider than the base.  It was an amazing place.  Of course I got lots of photos along the way…  Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better and will post a blog….

No comments:

Post a Comment