Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 7 At Sea

It was a lovely morning aboard the ms Amsterdam…  Nice sunny day until, early afternoon it clouded over and rained a bit.  It was a good sign for me to go inside and think about packing for my trip tomorrow.  It cleared up just as I was leaving but, uncharacteristically, I went inside anyway….  What is happening to me?  Anyway, the big trip starts tomorrow….  Lake Titicaca.  I have some reservations about going, I have come down with a bad respiratory infection of some kind, not a good mix for altitudes in excess of 12,000 feet.  Oh well, I’ll deal with it.  I plan on taking a computer with my and blogging, if I can.  It will probably be better than the ship (not a big challenge).  My flight tomorrow isn’t until after 4:00 in Manta.  The plan is to go out and tour a bit in the morning before I head to the airport.  I hope the blog will be kept up to date but, if not, it will be at the earliestopportunity.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    So enjoying the blog, especially the latest Canal photos. I love to watch the various types of freighters and cruise ships. I 'd never get anything done if my house was along the Canal instead of the Thames.
    Hope all goes well on your sidetrip and that you stay well.
    Survived the Polar Vortex-heat wave this weekend (from 8-50 degrees!) Cutter had to make a run up the river to break the ice.
    Enjoy!
    BVH-Groton, Ct.

    ReplyDelete