Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Colorado Roadtrip Day 7

It was another fabulous day in Yellowstone.....  The weather was extremely foggy this morning as we entered the park.  At one point we were at a geothermal area and a large gusher was going off next to us....  we could hear it but couldn't see much at all.  Well, we endured a couple of hours of fog here and there and then it cleared up.  It was nice and sunny and warm once again.  As we waited at Old Faithful for it's eruption we encountered another weather phenomenon...  A thunderstorm roared overhead.  There was lightening all around and some rain coming down but we held our ground for the eruption.  Old Faithful did not disappoint.... a couple of quick snaps and we took cover at a restaurant for lunch and to ride out the storm.  The rest of the day was sunny weather with scattered storms.  As I mentioned yesterday, we concentrated on the southern loop today and it was great.  I have certainly gotten my fill of geothermal activity but I'll never get enough of the wildlife.....  Tomorrow we head to Missoula, Montana...

3 comments:

  1. Great as always. I really like the trees in the fog and the thermal pools bubbling. Awesome, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pic's. Brings back so many memories of our trip to Yellowstone. It is a place not to be missed. If anyone needed to be convinced, just look at the pic's courtesy of the master. That would be you Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff, your photos are just faboulous! It's exciting to follow your journey on the blog here. I found your blogs when I was looking for pictures/blogs from Voyage of the Vikings. I'll be cruising MS Maasdam on VoV in august this summer. But now I realize I some day have to take a land tour in the US national parks too...;-)
    Greetings from Norway,
    Kirsti

    ReplyDelete