Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 46 Rio de Janeiro (Part 2 of 2)

Well, my first day in Rio de Janeiro wasn’t perfect but it was amazing….  I really enjoyed joining my friends Allan, Sandra, Ed, Becky, Aart and Ton for our tour of Rio.  Exploring Corcovado (Christ the Redeemer), Cppacabana and Pao de Acucar (Sugarloaf) was a lot of fun.  The hazy conditions made photography difficult but hopefully tomorrow will bring better results, especially my helicopter ride.  One thing is for sure, it is very hot and humid here…..  I have wanted to visit Rio for a long time and it was certainly worth the wait….  One of the big attractions for the day were the monkeys on top of Sugarloaf….  Just incredible.  The evening ended with a pretty good storm.  Hopefully, the storm will clean the air and tomorrow will be less hazy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment