Friday, April 12, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Well, here we are in Ft. Lauderdale for the beginning of the last Panama Canal voyage….  After this, we head to Europe!  This wasn’t just any turnover stop, it was my birthday….  I was planning to get off the ship with Ann & Cathy and get picked up by our friend Laura.  I was the most stunned person on the planet when we got off the ship and my sister Lisa and her husband Jim were there to pick us up….  I was just speechless!  Anyway, the surprised were just getting started….  After we got on the ship (including their sweet dog Joy) we went to the Retreat to relax and visit…..  Next thing I knew, Aart and Ellen popped out of nowhere…..  Again, I was just stunned!  How they pulled this off without me having a clue is beyond me.  Unfortunately, my sister and her husband were unable to join us on the voyage but just imagine…  driving all the way from Dover, Delaware to help me celebrate my birthday for a few hours….  Unbelievable!!!!  Feeling loved!!!  So, after the ship sailed and Jim & Lisa were gone, I found out that Aart, Ellen, Ann, Cathy and I were eating in the Pinnacle Grill….  One more big surprise awaited me, we had four other guests; Ron Botenbal, the Hotel Director, F&B Director, Niek Van der Kolk, Executive Housekeeper Herman Lantman and Guest Services Manager Leanna Delavin…..  What a wonderful surprise!!!!  Just a fabulous dinner with wonderful companions….  What an amazing 70th birthday!!!



























3 comments:

  1. I was delighted to find and start following your blog a few weeks back. Happy Birthday and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    Thanks for sharing the photos and congratulations on your Big Seven-Oh! We cruised with you when you were a mere sixty. You have been cruising ever since and there is no reason to stop now. We are well into our seventies and will be taking a river cruise out of Budapest about a month after you will be in that city. Sorry that we will miss seeing you.

    All the best,

    Bill and Carolyn
    Lake Norman, NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday,sounds like you had a fabulous day

    ReplyDelete