Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 66 Nuku Hiva, Marquesas (Part 1 of 2)

We had a lovely sail into this rugged, mountainous island. It certainly is a pretty place.  I was first here in 2008 with my friends Allan & Sandra and we toured the island. Today I we ashore with Brad and we were just going to hang out in Taiohae, our port, for the day.  We walked the shore line snapping a pic of two here and there and sweating profusely…  it was a very hot day!  We particularly liked the old carving in the rock.  These are the same people who created the Moai in Easter Island.  It was a nice walk and at the far end of the bay we stopped at an Inn for refreshments.  Turned out to be a very nice day.  This is part 1 of 2.  Internet connectivity for the next few days could be dicey.  I’ll do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment