Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 38 Semarang, Indonesia (Part 1 of 2)

What a great day…..  I went to explore Semarang Indonesia with my friends Bruce, Sandi, Larry & Carol.  We had a private car & driver who was a former employee of Holland America Line & who happens to live in Semarang… perfect!  We headed out first to Babadam Village where the visit to the market was definitely one of the highlights for the day.  Then it was off to the Gedongsongo Temple which was magnificent.  The climb up the mountain was pretty streneous for Carol & I while the others opted to ride horses up….  The day was just perfect.  Next we checked out some rice fields along the way back to Semarang,  We took in a bit of the old city of Semarang which was pretty interesting.  To top off the day we checked out some houses along the water, many on stilts…..  I loved every minute of the day which may be why I took almost 1000 photos, OK, I’m a little obsessive.  I am, once again, posting the blog in two parts to include more photos.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Seems like an interesting place. Your portrait photos of people are always so nice!

    Kirsti
    Norway

    ReplyDelete