Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 214 Ponta Delgado, Portugal (Part 1 of 2)

I toured Ponta Delgado today on my own and just focused on the town.  Yesterday I focused on the island of San Miguel and so today just stayed local.  The highlight of my wanderings was the gardens at the Palacio de Sant’Ana…  just spectacular!  I also toured the adjacent gardens of Jose Do Canto which were nice but nowhere near the quality of the Palacio de Sant’Ana.  The town itself is very clean and lovely.  As with the rest of Portugal, the streets and sidewalks are adorned with black and white designs made of stones.  As I walked the town I also saw a lot of interesting architecture and specifically balconies and doors…..  The island and town of Ponta Delgado were just beautiful…  loved the flowers!!!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Stunning floral photographs and interesting study of doorways and door hardware.
    You really have an eye for details!

    BVH-Groton, Ct

    ReplyDelete