Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 59 At Sea

Here we are sailing toward French Polynesia and what a perfect day for it….  It was hot and sunny with a fabulous breeze all day. I spent the day reading and visiting with friends as I baked in the sun.  Tonight we had a lovely dinner, George, the Assistant Culinary Manager was our host.  Beautiful evening….  It was a little different for me since I have, by necessity, started cutting back in a big way on my eating habits.  On a positive note, I went for a long, briskly paced walk today around the deck.  It was the first time I tried since my knee injury weeks ago.   It isn’t 100% but it has gotten much better.  Our next stop is Bora Bora, one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  I plan to do my usual, swim with the sharks & rays, have a wonderful lunch of lobster, roasted pig and whatever else they have on a beautiful Motu Island.  Life is good!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff....
    Seems the consensus about cruising is too much food and certain weight gain. I'm curious how bad is it for a guy; I like to eat, but unfortunately the pounds add so easily. Give us a sense about your weight gain; give us a %-gain and not pound numbers. A % representation will throw most readers, I suspect.
    As a suggestion, begin daily gym sessions, but protect your knee..... start at 10 minutes and add 2 minutes a day. Work gym time up to 60 minutes; monitor your heart rate. Cut back on the caloric alcoholic beverages, too. Go with the more health wise meals; aboard Cunard they have the lighter "Canyon Ranch' dinner choices. Talk with one of your chef friends and let them set you up with a 900 calorie dinner. Only a half-glass of vino. In the coming 2 months, lose what you have gained. You will feel so much better; emotionally, too. Here's hoping. T&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you??? You can't be serious. :-). I don't allow myself to gain a huge amount of weight.

    ReplyDelete