Friday, February 16, 2024

Rotterdam 2024, Fort Lauderdale....

What a wonderful day here in Fort Lauderdale!  Today was marked with a bit of sadness as Captain Werner Timmers brought his ship, Rotterdam, in for the last time.  He will be moving to the Nieuw Statendam after a well-deserved vacation.  The Rotterdam family will greatly miss him… Speaking of vacations, I decided that today was a good time to take a three-week vacation…  Many of you are thinking, “that’s all he does!” But what I’m talking about is taking my last three weeks on the Rotterdam and relaxing with my friends and enjoying the sun…  I’m taking a three-week hiatus from doing my blog.  It takes a lot of time and energy and I think I’ll give it a rest until we set sail April 5th to the Mediterranean…   It should be fun, lots of great ports still ahead like Aruba, Curacao and the Panama Canal…  Not sure how I’ll react to putting the big camera away, kinda like a crack addict in recovery… Today, also brought our wonderful friends Laura & her sister Bernice from Cape Breton Nova Scotia back onboard and one of our favorites, Claes de Groot, the Guest Relations Manager….  Looking forward to a fun, relaxing three weeks on the Rotterdam…


























2 comments:

  1. Jeff - enjoy your well deserved vacation from the blog. Your pictures are amazing and look forward to seeing them when you start reposting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Sweets! Have a rest in the sun!

    ReplyDelete