Wednesday, May 31, 2023

St Peter Port, Guernsey, UK... almost

 Well, I went out very early this morning, just before 6:00 am to see how the weather and seas were doing...  It didn't look good from my perspective; seas were rough and very strong winds.  As it turns out, Captain Friso came into port, assessed the situation and determined that it wasn't safe to conduct tender operations.  Hate to miss a port, especially one that I've never visited before but, this is part of traveling the world at sea...  You just roll with it!   I did go a bit crazy with my camera before we sailed away from the Channel Islands...  












































2 comments:

  1. Sad we had to miss this port (we are on the same cruise). Have fun in the next ports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad for you. I visited there years ago on a cruiseMy grandad was born there and came to Canada after WW1. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete