Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 96 Ascension Island, UK

Well, we attempted to visit Ascension, once again, and met with the same fate as last year…..  seas were too rough and the dock is just insufficient for tender operations.  All was not lost however, we had a nice sail circumnavigating the island.  It is a very rugged and beautiful volcanic island.  It was an enjoyable scenic cruise….  In addition, it was my birthday.  It was fun to celebrate my 65th birthday with wonderful friends.  Seems a bit surreal…  I still think that I am 30ish!  I included a photo of a magnificent flower arrangement sent to me by Holland America next to a tower of diet coke…..  That should keep me for a few days!  My birthday cake was simply the best….  What an amazing design……  Great day!!!!

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Your blogs are always so "up", I can tell that you are having a wonderful time on this World Cruise. Your pictures are exceptional. I will be so sad when the cruise ends and I'll have no more blogs to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you Jeff, hope you have had a wonderful day with wonderful friends. Thank you for taking me with you (again) on your cruises. Will keep my fingers crossed you will be doing this for many years to come. Dutch hugs, Pralientje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I love, love, love the first picture of this blog!!! The tower of Diet Coke is just what the doctor ordered! And the cake was so clever. You have an awesome HAL family. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff,

    Your 65 years has been filled with much adventure, and perhaps a flair for the dramatic. Only you could manage to celebrate this important birthday milestone with a cruise around an island named for the day it was discovered…. Ascension Day. That does indeed make for an “up” blog.

    Happy Birthday to a very young-at-heart Adventuring Mariner!

    Bill


    ReplyDelete