Monday, August 8, 2011

Savannah Day 5

What can I say?  I didn't think it was possible but today was even hotter than yesterday.... heat index of 105 degrees.  On top of that there was no ocean breeze to cool things off a bit.  It was an ugly day in the water... jellyfish!  First I was stung in a very, very sensitive area.  Boy did that hurt!  Later. when I dared to venture out into the water again I was really lit up.  I had tentacles hit both legs big time.  I was really in pain.  It was a good thing that I bought a gel specifically designed for jellyfish stings a few days ago.  That being said I was done with the water for the day.  With a heat index of 105 my day was shortened considerably, only 4 1/2 hours on the beach... bummer.  Hopefully tomorrow, my last full day here will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment