Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 176 Varanasi, India Part 2

After I arrived back at the hotel, we took a few minutes to get ready for our afternoon and early evening tour of Varanasi.  First we went to Sarnath, the birthplace of Buddhism….  It was here that Buddha first preached and a giant stupa marks that event.  Then we headed for the Ganges, my second trip of the day.  I have to admit, wherever we were going the sights along the way were just as important as our final destinations.  Varanasi, once again was simply chaotic, so much movement, energy and color….  Just kept you focused on every little thing that came by.  I really love taking a trip back in time and feeling the spiritual energy of this city.  We went out on the river again, seeing the bathing, cremations and the evening ceremonies.  We even floated candles on the Ganges with our own little prayers or wishes.  What an amazing day!  I have so many photos to share that I really don’t know at this point how many Parts there will be for Day 176, I guess I’ll find out when I get to Day 177….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment