Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 176 Varanasi, India Part 1

It is such an amazing thing for me to revisit Varanasi, one of the most special places I have ever visited…  It is so alive spiritually, so colorful and so full of activity that you cannot help but experience sensory overload.  We arrived this morning from Delhi and arrived at our Taj Hotel.  We had a couple of hours before our guide was to pick us up so Cathy, Ann & I took a taxi to a spot near the Ganges where we boarded trishaws the rest of the way.  To get a taste of what was to come on our tour, we boarded a boat and headed out on the Ganges to get a better look at Varanasi…..  We walked back to the taxi and headed back to the hotel for our tour…..  I will discuss that in Part 2.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your blog over the past years and am particularly enjoying the India portion this year as I plan a December trip. Thank you so much for sharing. Your pictures are wonderful. Sandra

    ReplyDelete