Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 104 San Juan, Puerto Rico (Part 1 of 2)

I was off on my own this morning after a wonderful sail into San Juan….  My  goal was to get a lot of walking in along with some nice photos of the forts and sights along the way.  First I walked out to the path, Paseo del Morro,  along the water outside Castillo San Felipe del Morro or ‘El Morro’…..  The path ends on the backside of the fort down by the water with a locked entrance so….  You have to backtrack all the way back to the San Juan Gate, quite a hike.  Then I proceeded to the fort and explored it, taking cover in a overlook tower during some torrential rains.  After about 20 minutes the weather cleared and my exploration continued.  Next, I walked along the coast to the Castillo San Cristobal.  After exploring the fort, I proceeded to walk the city streets for a while before returning to the ship.  Then, as usual, it was poolside.  I was very pleased with my day, a 12 mile walk and some nice photos…  top that off with some pool time and that’s just about perfect for me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment