Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 75 At Sea

Nice day at sea, hope the weather continues to hold all the way to San Diego…..  Had a fun afternoon, cooking class with Guest Chef George Geary.  It was a fun class, especially since I went with so many friends.  George is a great Chef!!!!  This evening we went to the Pinnacle Grill and had a bit of a surprise birthday gathering for Ellie since it will be her birthday next week after she leaves the ship.  Great evening and great food!  Now, one more issue to talk about…  It seems that someone on Cruise Critic questioned as to why I had not mentioned in my blog a woman onboard that has a service dog….  There is a post on Cruise Critic about an “out of control dog on the Amsterdam”.  The whole issue just blows me away!  We have choices in life, I choose to explore the world and make the most of each day.  Just like it says on my card “Live like you’re dying”, make each moment count.  I guess some people would rather focus on their fellow travelers and the wild rumors and speculation that normally goes on during these long voyages.  Well, for my part, the voyage has truly been Grand and the ships staff and crew have done a remarkable job.  If someone couldn’t enjoy this voyage they must bear some of that responsibility….  The woman and her dog have had no impact on my daily activities or cruise.  In fact, other than the other guests talking about it I normally wouldn’t even know the dog was onboard.  No matter how anyone feels about it, the woman came on with legal documentation for having a service dog with her. The reality is it is not up to us guests or the crew as to whether or not the dog may be on board the ship. That issue is between the woman in question and her doctor.  I believe the staff and crew have handled this situation extremely well.  It is a shame that so many wild, unsupported allegations, rumors and assertions have to constantly fly around the ship.  Life is too short to not enjoy every minute of every day!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Well said! It's a shame more people don't share your outlook. Wonderful blog - I am really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments re: the dog on board. You have a positive outlook and that's what makes you enjoy your adventures and life so much - and fortunately for us, you share the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for your, Jeff!! And THANK you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well put Jeff, live your life like it's the only one you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, I've followed your travel blogs for years and as always, I love that you enjoy life so much and don't let anything (except perhaps the old internet!) get you down. You have a lot of class! I look forward to your posts daily and on occasion get to re-live experiences that we've had in some of the same places. I can't wait until you get to Oman and Dubai, from where I've just returned....incredible places.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The internet, in my opinion, is much better than the service that I experienced on the World Voyage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo.... I say, live life to the fullest and live and let live. We were on the Volendam cruise a few years ago with a couple of blind people and they had their service dogs with them. What we saw was that they were well behaved dogs , but then some complained then of the dogs being aboard ship.
    I have been reading your posts every day and they are great and the photos are beautiful. I'll miss this after you get to San Diego. Is the world Cruise your next cruise. Safe sailing and enjoy every minute. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just can't wait to join the trip in San Diego. Your photos and accounts have kept me counting the hours until Monday!!! You truly have a gift with the camera. I also am happy to hear that you have been unaffected by other's issues on the trip. GREAT ATTITUDE!

    ReplyDelete