Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 108 Bridgetown, Barbados

It started off as a pretty nice day, wonderful sunrise, nice sail in…..  Then, shortly after getting off the ship things took a turn for the worse.  I was going for a photo and tripped as I was going up a coral wall.  The next thing I knew I was a bloody mess.  It was back to the ship to get patched up and then we were off and running…. Ann, Cathy & I hooked up with a taxi driver, Andre, heading to Hunte’s Gardens, a wonderful place…  For those of you looking for something a bit different when you come to Barbados, I recommend a visit to the gardens…  www.huntesgardensbarbados.com .  After visiting the gardens, Andre took us to a couple of viewpoints before dropping us at the beach.  For obvious reasons, it wasn’t going to be a beach day for me so we wandered around the beach and town, taking photos and doing a little shopping.  Then it was back to the ship, finishing up a wonderful day that started off as a disaster.  By the way, most of you that know me know that I really can’t stand the taxi drivers in Barbados….  An exception to this was Andre (last photo)….  You can find him at taxiandre101@hotmail.com or 260-4407.  He is one of the really good taxi drivers….

 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that you got hurt, but really glad you were able to get the 2 shots posted above Andre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you got hurt. I hope you heal quickly but it sounds like you may need a private nurse to assist you. I can offer my services..... Thanks for sharing your travels and I hope you continue with them. Looking forward to your next big adventure. Fran

    ReplyDelete