Saturday, August 6, 2011

Savannah Day 3

Today was an incredibly sad day for me. A very close friend of mine, Yvonne van Essen, lost her battle with cancer. She was strong and full of optimism up until the end. She beat the cancer but the fight was just too hard on her in the end. I will miss her so very very much.  My condolences to her dear husband Aart.  All your friends are here for you....  Life just isn't fair sometimes....  For here, it was another hot, steamy day in Georgia....  Of course we made time for the beach, it's too hot to do anything else.  It gave me some time to reflect on the sad news from Spain.  As for the beach,  it was a nice distraction today as we were able to watch a couple of weddings as we sat on the beach.  Of course, for me, I'd rather sit on the beach any day than participate in a wedding... that's just me.  I pray my friend Aart has a peaceful night.....

3 comments:

  1. This a sad day for Sandra and I, 1 year ago We had dinner with Aart and Yvonne in Amsterdam. This loss is hard as all we want to do is hug Aart but as you say somtimes life is not fair.When we sail in January we will have a toast to Yvonne. She will be with us in spirit and in our hearts. Allan and sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, Allan and Jeff,

    Thank you,

    Aart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush.
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

    ReplyDelete