Monday, December 14, 2020

I'm beyond ready for the next adventure....

Where am I off to next?  That is the big question…  When Ann, Cathy & I left the Volendam in March no one could have predicted that this Pandemic would have such a damaging effect on so many lives and crush the global economy.  The first thing we did, in response to Guests on the 2020 World Voyage being debarked in Australia, was to cancel the 2021 World Voyage….  I am susceptible to DVTs (Deep Vein Thrombosis) from sitting too long on very long flights….  Having to find my way home from half way around the world would potentially have serious consequences for my health.  We decided to do the 2021 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage again, closer to home if we were forced off the ship due to Coronavirus….  As time went on, the 2021 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage was cancelled so I set my sights later into 2021, planning to board the Zaandam in July for the Voyage of the Vikings and staying onboard for 10 months, through the 2021 Grand Africa and the 2022 World Voyage….  As luck would have it, the next thing I knew, the Voyage of the Vikings and Grand Africa were cancelled due to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), restricting cruises, once they recommenced, to sailing no greater than 7 days until November 2021.  Well….  That got me a bit worried about the viability of the 2022 World Voyage for me, just two months after the 7-day maximum restriction.  Once again, I really don’t want to find my way home from halfway around the world and I do have a concern about virus conditions throughout the world.  That brings me to today…. The Scott Sisters and I are going home again to the Zuiderdam, boarding (hopefully) 18 November 2021 and sailing until 22 April 2022.  We absolutely loved our time on the Zuiderdam in 2018-2019.  There is a nice mixture of Circle Hawaii voyages, Mexico Sea of Cortez voyages, Panama Canal full transit voyages and one 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas Voyage.  It will be sunny, warm and all voyages are not too far from the USA in the event of cruise disruption due to Coronavirus….  So, that is where we stand for the time being.  In the meantime, I am exercising every day, watching my diet and preparing for the next adventure whenever it comes….  Stay safe and healthy!



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, I've been checking your blog hoping you would update. As a healthcare worker, I was more concerned about your health. I've never met you, but I have followed your blog for many years. Thanks for the update on the Sisters too.Hope you stay safe and healthy. Michael, Lubbock, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since half the fun is the anticipation, you can enjoy that part already, and you’ll be ready for whatever as the world reawakens again. Hopefully, the vaccine will have a big impact by then. We all miss cruising as we have known it. Bon Voyage to you three musketeers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since half the fun is the anticipation, you can enjoy that part already, and you’ll be ready for whatever as the world reawakens again. Hopefully, the vaccine will have a big impact by then. We all miss cruising as we have known it. Bon Voyage to you three musketeers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. We’ve really missed reading your blog, and now we know why an Air Force Academy graduate doesn’t like to fly. We hope it works out for you on the Zuiderdam. We enjoyed the ship on an Alaska cruise several years ago. There’s nothing like the year 2020 to make one want to leave the world’s troubles behind in the wake of a ship.

    Bill and Carolyn
    Lake Norman, NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad to hear, (read) you are doing well and planning future adventures! Hoping, as we all are that by November 2021 the world has returned to a better place and we can begin to put the virus in the rear view mirror. Next thing up is looking forward to Spring and Summer weather again. Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeff, Good to hear you've been managing being on land for so long.
    Sorry you've had so many plans changed but better to be safe.
    Happy New Year and may the year be filled with good health,much happiness and wonderful opportunities. Have really missed your blog. Glad the Scott sisters are doing well.
    BVH-Groton,Ct

    ReplyDelete