Thursday, December 14, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 58, Willemstad, Curacao

Today was like tiptoeing through the raindrops….  It was a complete downpour early this morning followed by patches of clouds and brilliant sunshine.  Altogether, it was a great day.  I really was sad that I wasn’t able to see my very special friends Aart & Ellen who live here part of the year but they are off dealing with very important matters….  Hope to see them sometime in the near future.  Ann, Cathy and I walked around the city for a few hours and then I made my way back to the Retreat to take advantage of the sunny weather….  Wonderful day in a beautiful place….

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    We enjoyed your pictures today from the "C" Island---Curacao! From your high advantage point on the Koningsdam, you give us a very nice "overview" of the city and scenery. The city park (outside) pool is just one of the great photos that you captured along will all the colorful buildings, surroundings and people. Thank you for taking us "along", on a N/C $$ basis......Ha-ha

    Jeff, your post, with the rain, reminded us a the happy song:

    "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
    And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
    Nothin' seems to fit
    Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

    It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

    Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
    But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
    Cryin's not for me
    'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
    Because I'm free
    Nothin's worryin' me"

    THE LAST LINE FITS YOU TO A "T",
    Ann & Morrie

    ReplyDelete