Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 49, Fort-de-France, Martinique

It felt really strange this morning when I went out on the deck to look out on Fort-de-France, a port I have visited twice on this voyage….  I recognized absolutely nothing…  until I spied the fort.  It became very clear that we had docked in a totally different place.  Oh well, I wasn’t planning on going ashore today, just relax in the sun in the Retreat.  The only problem with that plan was, it was very overcast and raining….  Time to go to plan B, go out and get a bit of exercise and take some photos….  I rounded up the sisters and off we went….  It was about 30 minutes to get where we wanted to go in town and the walk was nice, despite the weather.  The highlight of the day was the Schoelcher Library, built in 1889 for the Paris Exposition, it is the architectural icon of Fort-de-France, simply spectacular….. Once back on the ship, the skies brightened, the sun was calling so the Retreat was my choice for the rest of the day.  Just another fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. You always see some neat areas of the islands you have visited along with great pictures. I am loving this voyage as much as you seem to be. Thanks again for the effort to take us with you! Really glad you are having such a nice time this fall on the Koningsdam!

    ReplyDelete