Thursday, March 29, 2018

2018 Grand World Voyage, Day 82, Elephant Plains, South Africa (Part 2 of 2)


































































From our balcony we can see animals and birds across the plains...for my birder friends...a beautiful saddleback stork and yellow hornbill. I am now carrying my camera with me when I leave my room...there is wildlife everywhere around the lodge area. We did see more wildlife on our morning drive but we had and exciting chase with wild dogs hunting for impalas...we did add warthogs, kudus and a hippopotamus to our list of sittings....since the only time I have to post my photos to the blog is between the bush-walk and the afternoon game drive, I will be consolidating the afternoon and morning blogs. Today, our mission was accomplished, we have seen the all of the Big Five (Leopard, Lion, Elephant, Rhinos, Buffalo)! Our main focus this morning was to find a leopard and that we did...a great find! As well, we encountered a number of other animals just waking up...giraffes rising for the day with a back drop of the sunrise made for a majestic site. The family of elephants out for breakfast and a morning stroll was spectacular. A charging herd of wildebeests...boy can they move! As a joke I told our guide Morne that I’d like to see a dung beetle and unbelievably he showed me a couple...   he is a great guide!  Just another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment