Saturday, December 2, 2017

Koningsdam 2017, Day 46, Basseterre, St. Kitts

It was looking pretty overcast, cloudy and rainy conditions as we arrived into Basseterre this morning.  It is our third visit here since I boarded the Koningsdam.  We had a bit of a surprise announced yesterday by the Captain that we would dock in the Container port.  Shuttles were to be provided to get to the main terminal area.  Since we couldn’t just walk off, I decided early that I would hold off going ashore until the rush was over, especially with shuttle operations.  Midmorning, I decided to go ashore for a while to get in a little walking, snap a few photos and het a few shops.  It was a very pleasant morning and I enjoyed it immensely…  I eventually made my way back to the ship and went up to the Retreat.  The weather improved, the sun came out and we had a hot, sunny day…..  It was a good visit for our final call at this port.  On to St. Lucia….

No comments:

Post a Comment