Saturday, November 5, 2016

Tales of the South Pacific, Day 41, Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia (Part 1 of 2)

The sail into Papeete wasn’t magnificent as we were basically sailing into the morning sun but as we got closer the views improved dramatically.  Today was going to be a walk about, exploring Papeete, a city I have visited many times, looking for something new.  Went to the tourist information office and got some suggestions for a walking tour.  First up was the old City Hall, and then on to the Marche, or huge marketplace.  That is always a good place for a few people photos.  Then I visited Notre Dame Cathedral and the shops next door.  Got something to drink and some Wi-Fi and I was good to head back out.  A pleasant surprise visit was to the AssemblĂ©e Territoriale, especially the gardens behind the building….  Even got a couple of shots of some eels swimming around.  Then I just made my way to the shore line and walked along the promenade and through the gardens….  Nice long walk and a very pleasant day.  While Papeete has never been one of my favorites, I always enjoy my visits here….  This is a two part blog, this is part one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment