Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 22 Beijing, People's Republic of China

Well, time certainly flies…..  here we are at day 22, 10% of my 220 day voyage is gone.  Where does the time go?  I’ll tell you where it goes… off on adventures exploring the world.  Today it was Beijing!  First, after being picked up at the ship we drove 3+ hours to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall.  This is a section that I have not previously visited so I was pretty excited.  It was a very long drive but certainly worth it.  We took a cable car up the mountain and the hiked the wall up to the tallest section.  It was great!  Then we went to see the Temple of Heaven, even though it was closed.  We got a glimpse but I really didn’t care since I have visited there on a number of occasions.  Then it was off to the hotel.  Since the hotel was close to the Forbidden City, I decided to go out for some night photography and was not disappointed.  Loved the day!

 

 

 

                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment