Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 46 Alotau, Papua New Guinea (Part 1 of 2)

What a day!  Carole, Ian & I walked into town shortly after our arrival into Alotau.  The walk was wonderful, meeting all kinds of people and taking in the everyday comings and goings….  The people here, while a bit on the poor side, are so warm and friendly.  It really made for a wonderful day.  Today centered around the people of Papua New Guinea, as you can see from my photos.  Of course their habit of chewing betel nut does make for some very colorful smiles.  It was an extraordinarily hot and humid=d day which gave me a lot of discomfort with my current condition but I just kept on going like the Energizer bunny….  This is part one of two parts, guess I made too many friends today….


No comments:

Post a Comment