Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time to head west.....

The 2 things I hate most about cruising are getting to the ship and getting back home....  Today I'll get past the majority of the first one with my flight from Philadelphia to Seattle.  The flight is almost 6 hours long and most people who know me well know that that is not a good thing for me.  I hate long flights!!!!  Oh well, the sacrifices one has to make to get back to their family aboard the ms Amsterdam.  Am I excited?  Not quite yet....  once I am in my cabin, I will be really excited.  I am really excited with seeing my friends on board; Raymund, Willy, Rene, Kim, Henk, Christel, Tom, Shiv, just to name a few....  Of course the 8 days at sea after we leave Seattle could be really nice if the sun is out and I am able to sit out on the aft deck or.... gloomy.  Either way, I will love it and will be anxious to see out first port in Japan.  As a bonus, I have never been to Kushiro before.  So, in about an hour my buddy Randy picks me up from my sister's house and off we will go to Philadelphia.  Seattle, here I come....

9 comments:

  1. Have a Fantastic time. And bon voyage jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2 things I hate most about cruising are packing and having to get off the ship at the end of the cruise!

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon Voyage! I'm looking forward to your pictures and adventures!!! Thanks ahead of time for all the effort you take to bring us along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be following your long adventure. Hope you have sunny smooth weather. Enjoy yourself. I enjoy all the effort you put onto your wonderful blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeff,
    Hope your flight went well and yesterday's weather up the East Coast didn't upset your plans.
    Wishing you happy memories, exciting adventures, fantastic weather and plenty of photo ops
    BVH-Groton, CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeff,

    Jane and I are excited for you, even if you are not YET. We will be with you all the way.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon Voyage!

    I too look forward to your blog and pictures of your latest adventure. Thank you so much for taking us along on your wonderful journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to your photos and comments on your 7 month voyage. We are on the Panama Canal leg again this year. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeff,

    Bon Voyage and happy cruising. We too are off on a big adventure on Monday when we fly from here "down under" to Eastern Canada and the U.S. I will have my netpad with me so will be able to read your blog whilst we are absent for 5 weeks.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete