Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tales of the South Pacific, Day 2, Vancouver, Canada

What a fabulous day!!!!!  The sail into the port of Vancouver was especially beautiful due to the early morning hours, beautiful skyline and calm waters…..  Just magnificent!  After clearing the ship we were allowed to go ashore, just after 7:00 am….  I decided to go out early, I was meeting my friends Jan & Gerard at 8:30 so I thought I’d spend the time walking around and snapping a few pics.  I was so excited when I ran into one of my favorite Holland America Line employees, Sarah Coles…..  so nice to see her.  It was exciting to see Jan & Gerard again, been too long!  They also introduced me to a couple of fellow guests and friends of Jan & Gerard, Yolanda & Alex.  Off we went, exploring some of the beautiful areas of Vancouver.  First we headed out to Stanley Park, a beautiful spot!  Then it was off to Beaver Lake where, as usual, I was doing something a bit risky to get a photo when I fell into the lake…  a bit chilly but no harm done.  Then we made a photo stop at Lion’s Gate Bridge on the way to Sunset Beach.  At Sunset Beach, we got out and started the Millennial Walk to Granville Island.  It was a fabulous walk, very scenic!  At Granville Island we visited the market which was beyond impressive…  you can get pretty much anything you need to make a wonderful meal.  Then we took the False Creek Ferry back to Sunset Beach where we picked up the car and headed back to the port.  We had a delicious lunch at the Tap & Barrel before going through immigration and reboarding the ship…  It was a spectacular day!  Thanks Jan & Gerard!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jeff. Beautiful pictures as usual. Looking forward to following along in your latest adventure!

    Lynne, Punta Gorda, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome updates! Be careful getting those pictures, nothing can happen to your camera, and or you also! Glad you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be joining you in January when we board for the World voyage. Looking forward to meeting you.

    Cathy Cosgrove and Barry Walker

    ReplyDelete