Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 Grand World Voyage, Day 18 Tiputa, Rangiroa, French Polynesia (Part 1 of 2)

We had a beautiful sail into the atoll of Rangiroa this morning....  It was a little different from the past since we went to the part of the atoll where the little town on Tiputa is found, across from the Tiputa Passage, where Avatora, our normal stop is located.  Off I went on the first tender, a long walk on my agenda.  The atoll is a beautiful display of nature and the walk was beautiful...  I went for 9 miles before turning around.  That was probably a bit too far in the very hot conditions that I had to deal with but such is life....  I became dehydrated and suffered from a severe headache at the end but it was a wonderful trek nonetheless....  This blog is in two parts, an 18 mile trek deserves nothing less....

 

1 comment:

  1. What two ships in Rangiroa at the same time, OMG.

    ReplyDelete